| Always believe that God will guide you and speak to you through His Word.
- “Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6.
Quiet your heart and ask God to speak to you through His Word.
- “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16
Start reading until a verse just “leaps off the page” or “strikes you” or “gives you pause” or directly addresses a concern of your heart.
- “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight.” Hebrews 4:12-13.
- If you are new in your relationship with God, I recommend that you start with the Gospel of Luke, followed by Acts, then Romans.
Stop and pray about that very verse. Write it down. Then, write down any insights or answers you understood while you were praying. Not sure how to pray?
- Start by adoring and praising God for Who He is. Psalm 148-150; Revelation 5:12.
- Confess and repent of any sin. Pray for God to show you any sin that you do not see. Psalm 139: 23-24; Psalm 51; Psalm 32:5; 1 John 1:9.
- Thank God for what He has already done in your life. Remember His faithfulness. First Thessalonians 5:18; Philippians 4:6; Hebrews 12:28-29.
- Ask God for the desires of your heart. Be honest, you won’t tell Him anything He does not already know. Psalm 37:4; Matthew 21:22.
- Yield to God’s answers and His will. Trust that His plan is best, even better than yours. Luke 22:42; Proverbs 3:5-6.
Take this truth to heart, believe it, and practice it.
- “But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.” Matthew 7:26.